Search the High Score

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Losers

As a comic book guy, a millenia or two ago by comic time, I read a series called 'The Losers'. It was espionage/mystery with action film. Ocean's Eleven meets Bad Boys more or less. Two years ago, I find out they're contemplating MAKING this a film. My initial reaction, it can't be as bad as Spider-man 3 and just who is going to play these characters?

Now, on the cusp of it releasing (April fyi), I'm all smiles. Its done just right. Andy Diggle and Jock made a bad ass comic book, and now it looks like Peter Berg, who directed a few films a few were good, others sucked, wrote the screenplay. He didn't just take the Losers and put them in a new story, he took the comics and adapted to the screen. Choice moments from the books are being acted ON screen. I'm going to get the film version of one of my favorite comic books.

Granted, I get a chuckle because of the cast. We have Jeffery Dean Morgan, who played the Comedian in Watchman as Clay, Zoe Saldana as Aisha (She played Smurfette in Avatar, sorry harmless jab, I swear I liked the film.), The dude who played the Human Torch in Fantastic Bore and some people I've never heard of before. I'm not against people I don't know, the Hangover has proven that no names still bring it.

Anyone interested, I suggest reading the comic highly. Anyone wanting to see the trailer, I got the link for you.

The Losers (HD) - LINK

Oh yeah, I could care less what John Travolta or Sly Stallone do, this movie is going to take out some box office.

No comments: