Search the High Score

Monday, February 01, 2010

Life update

Alright, so things have kinda settled down for the most part. My school work has gotten into its groove. Karate has finally worn me out less and things are beginning to get in stride when it comes to work load. I'm still unable to get Mass Effect 2, so I don't have a review for Tuesday yet. Things are tending to be a lot slower for me than they were prior.

I think I might review Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 for the PS3. I don't see it being ridiculous to give my two cents over a DW game, although giant robots slicing through hundreds of other giant robots makes more sense than Lu Bu or Liu Bei.

My final animation project, with luck will be a 2 minute movie trailer. It's based loosely on my original character Haley Brown, whom I've never actually adapted into a BE ALL END ALL story, which basically means his backstory is nevr completely settled. I know when it comes to characters, usually its best to KNOW what they're past was to get a better assessment of how they act in the world. However, for me, Haley acts like me most of all, generally focusing on his screwed up life, taking things on day at a time and most of balancing the responsibilities he's given. That and he moonlights as a vigilante who knocks around the mob and such for fun.

Haley is a study of duality, with a brashness of youth and recklessness with a mature and seasoned life view. Its funny because his persona as a vigilante is carefree and very ruthless, while his personal life is more focused on actually getting this in order. I've never really bothered to gauge on a meter if he's utterly insane or brilliant as the line is usually too fine to tell. For me, I just wrote Haley Brown story to have fun with writing, but throwing sense and logic out the window for out of control action and good jokes. Its only when Haley gets serious that I really notice that beneath the crust of his vigilante persona there's probably a deeper seeded emotional drive that powers him. I just refuse to use the same cliches of parents murdered, or betrayed and left to die, as it doesn't seem like it would affect him as much as finally just trying to take control of his life like Wesley in the 'Wanted' Comics.

The working title at the moment is "Haley" unless something strikes me during the semester.

Oh and just to give an update, I dreamed the Saints beat the Colts 44 - 22, weird numbers but hey, why not?

- Drew

No comments: