Search the High Score

Friday, January 29, 2010

Week Summary

I swear, this is a week I won't forget about for a long, long time. I've been embarrassed, fired, hired, put down, picked up, laughed at and thanked. There's so many inconsistencies, I think I've walked into the twilight zone.

This blog has been built as a haven for me to do what I want to do. No one can do anything against me when I'm here. It's kind of pathetic to think that I've had to retreat this deep to actually get a tiny place that's wholly mine. enough of this bollocks though. he only thing that gets my mind of my problems is solving other peoples.

The RECAP

Tuesday

Tuesday released the first wave of wallet breaking games on all 3 major consoles and the PC.

Mass Effect 2 has garnered outstanding reviews. Being poor, I can't afford it and I was generally looking forward to Tastunoko more so than ME2. I still have a bad taste in my mouth because of Dragon Age: Origins.

Tastunoko vs. Capcom, I've reviewed for you all, and left on Tuesday.

MAG has completely outdone more expectations than I actually anticipated. They say its like Battlefield 1942 but with 4 times the amount of maximum players than Battlefield and 8 times the amount on any Valve game.

Finally No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. The first game's bizarre plot wasn't enough for the fans. Being the number 1 assassin in the world isn't enough for Travis Touchdown. New weapons, new story and the same insane gameplay and new gameplay makes this a worthy by for those who can't afford other action games or don't have the 360 or PS3. Beware, this game is rated Mature for a reason, no one wants their kid to find out how you save in this game.

Wednesday

So, the iPad came out. It's the Apple Etch-A-Sketch, taking a play right out of Kotaku's book. There's more female care product jokes about this now than a night with Lisa Lampanelli. It's hard to believe that this is blowing everyone's mind. Thankfully I'm not alone is just saying this is just an oversized iPod touch. My twitter mates @tashacook7 and @vinneymedellin were discussing the whole matter over it, and I'm paraphrasing that.

Apple is a good company, with extreme loyalists, but I really can't keep a straight face when I hear Steve Jobs said 599 dollars. I just remember this system that came out three or so years ago that was costing around that much. It could DO all these things and it didn't end very well. I forget the name of it but I think it took them forever to get off the ground. *Facepalm*

Thursday

I got a phone call after a long and unproductive day at school from the editor of an online news website, which will remain unnamed till I'm sure I'm in the clear. Its nice to know there's people who actually are watching out for me, though I still don't trust people after that long fiasco that occurred on Monday. Quick shout out to Kathleen_LRR on twitter, she'd from the internet comedy group Loading Ready Run, she's a great woman and very funny, she also lost her job on Monday, send her something to cheer her up, it was very traumatic. I got a high five from her.

Friday (Today)

Things have finally quieted down her on the old scoreboard. I finally get to break for a moment and take a second to look around. I'm still lacking a few social essentials, like a job and a girlfriend but I guess that stuff will pan out on its own for the moment.

Now for those wondering about why I didn't include Monday, its because I already let loose about what happened on Monday, and two, most people were arguably too busy waiting in line for all the good games coming later that night.

Finally, I'd like to explain why I don't have a facebook. My original intent was to get fully connected into everything. Despite some of the good it does for people, I really don't see anything that Twitter, E-Mail and this blog don't already cover. I can update my status using twitter, post enough stuff on this blog to cover whatever and finally if there's any personal stuff I'm unable to talk about, I got my e-mail.

Either way, I've give a weekend update sometime on Saturday. I'm still banging out a schedule for the blog. I figure New Games on Tuesday, Wednesday will be review time, Thursday I'll hunt down some technical stuff on the web. Friday will be recap. Weekend stuff with be obsure news from around the world. I think I'll keep Monday as the "Drew Misemer talks about his life day".

Borrowing from Sean 'Cheeks' Galloway, cheeks74.deviantart.com, HOPE YA'LL DIGGS

No comments: